Indonesia is Australia’s largest live export market & has a longstanding trading relationship with Australia.
Kindly sponsored by AUSTREX, YLEN is excited to provide training in October to bridge cultural gaps through training of Indonesian culture and business approaches so as to ensure successful working relationships with Indonesian counterparts and employees.
YLEN members who work with Indonesians and wish to learn more about Indonesia’s Culture, business behaviour and how to develop successful business partnerships with Indonesians.
- An introduction to Indonesia including history, geography, politics and religion
- A discussion of stereotypes and assumptions and their implication on building business partnerships with Indonesian counterparts
- An insight into the fundamental beliefs and values that affect daily life in Indonesia
- Indonesian business culture and attitudes in the workplace: conflict management, critical incidents, saving face, ethnic diversity, hierarchy, rules, relationships
- Indonesian etiquette in social and business contexts
- Leadership in Indonesia – leadership styles, work organization and management
- Management and working styles and how to adapt differing business approaches
- Communicating across cultures: indirectness, formality and non-verbal communication
- Project Management in Indonesia
- Indonesian meeting, decision making and negotiation styles when doing business
Method: 2 x 4-hour Zoom Sessions, including digital handouts and participation certificate.
Workshop Dates: 18 & 19th October 2021, 4.30PM – 8.30PM (QLD time zone)
Applications: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be financial members of YLEN.
- The selection process is conducted by the YLEN committee.
- Selected applicants must agree to provide program feedback in written or video format.
- Selected applicants must give permission to feature on YLEN social media
- Selected applicants must have appropriate technology, internet and connections to be able to complete the course
- The selected applicants’ course fee will be fully covered by YLEN, any other expenses associated with the program will not be covered.
- Applications close at 5pm Friday 1st October 2021