YLEN, in partnership with our major sponsor Tropical Taurus, is thrilled to offer 6 YLEN members the chance to receive a $500 bursary to attend a Low Stress Livestock Handling course of their choice! LSLH techniques are invaluable to safe livestock movement, not just for the livestock but also for the handler, and have been shown to improve animal welfare and production outcomes.
We would like to thank our sponsor Tropical Taurus for giving members this fantastic opportunity. Tropical Taurus is an Australian stud enterprise operating throughout Queensland by Cultivate Agri Partnerships. As specialist breeders of tropically adapted bulls, their cattle are developed to perform in harsh north Australian conditions. For more information click here.
Applications: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Some courses that applicants might look at are listed below:
- Efficient Stockhandling Solutions | Facebook
- DATES & VENUES || LSS | LOW STRESS STOCK HANDLING
- Training Courses | Stress Free Stockmanship
- Safe handling of livestock (tocal.nsw.edu.au)
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be financial members of YLEN.
- The selection process is conducted by the YLEN committee.
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide a picture of themselves and a short statement about their experience once their training is complete and agree to have this shared on YLEN social media networks.
- Applicants’ course fees will be fully covered by YLEN, up to the value of $500. Any other expenses associated with the training will not be covered.
- Applicants participate in their chosen course at their own risk.
- Applications close at 5pm 30th November 2021.