The Young Livestock Exporters Network is pleased to open applications for the second Mate to Manager Program. The 6-week program will be run via Zoom, with 1 unit completed per week. The program will be facilitated by The Right Mind’s, Jill Rigney who has years of experience in providing training programs to the agriculture sector. The program will cover the following units:
- Influence and impact
- Communication fundamentals
- High Performance and understanding capacity
- Communication – working with different personalities (DISC)
- Problem-solving and getting agreement
- Excellence in Execution
The course will be 1 hour a week via Zoom (time to be confirmed), program dates below:
- 23rd March
- 30th March
- 7th April
- 13th April
- 20th April
- 27th April
- Applicants must be 20/21 financial members of the Young Livestock Exporters Network
- Applicants must actively work in the live export supply chain, in a management role, or aspire to move into one.
- Applicants must be available for 1 hour a week on the course dates detailed above (time to be confirmed).
- Applicants are to answer the following questions:
- Tell us in a few sentences why you are applying?
- Why is it important for you to improve your management skills at this point in your career?
- Tell us how by completing this program it will in turn benefit the live export industry?
- Applicants are asked to send questions responses, plus a 100-word bio on themselves and their involvement in the live export supply chain, to YLEN via firstname.lastname@example.org. The content must be in a format that is shareable by YLEN on social media.
- Applications close Tuesday 9th March 2021.
Mate to Manager Program – Terms and Conditions:
- Selected applicants must be available for all 6 units over a 6 week period, with times to be confirmed.
- Selected applicants will be required to submit a one-paragraph summary of what they learnt from the course and how they plan to implement the learnings.
- Applications close 5pm Tuesday 16th March 2021.
- Certificates will be provided on completion of the program.