The Young Livestock Exporters Network is pleased to open applications for positions on the next Virtual Stockpersons Training Course. Successful applicants will receive a fully funded position at the March course!
The LiveCorp shipboard stockperson training course is part of the certification program for people responsible for the care of livestock exported by sea. The program produces provisionally accredited stockpersons to service the livestock export industry in accordance with the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL). The virtual training course covers all aspects of shipboard care and management of livestock with an emphasis on sheep and cattle.
- Adapting to life and work onboard
- Animal handling, restraint and treatment
- Detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of shipboard diseases
- Feed, water and deck management
- How to stay safe
- Crisis management
The course will be now be held over 5 days, approximately 11am – 4.00pm (AEDT), 9-11 & 14-15 March 2022. Each presentation will be recorded in case your internet connectivity becomes unstable. Time has been set aside for extra tutorial sessions over the 5 days. The trainers will present slides and videos of on-board activities, export destinations, and answer questions.
To apply, please click here and answer the questions.
Please note if you are unsuccessful in your application, YLEN members will receive the discounted LiveCorp members rate of $1,100 (including GST), please contact us if you are interested in this discount.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be financial members of YLEN.
- Applicants will be selected by the YLEN committee.
- Selected applicants must be available for all 5 days of the course.
- Selected applicants must agree to provide program feedback and provide a report to YLEN on experiences.
- Selected applicants must give permission to feature on YLEN social media
- Selected applicants must be available to do one voyages in the next 12 months. YLEN will provide assistance to complete this.
- Selected applicants must have appropriate technology, Internet and connections to be able to complete the course.
- Selected applicants course fee will be fully covered by YLEN, any other expenses associated with the program will not be covered.
- Applications close at 5pm, 25th February 2022.
- Certificates will be provided on completion of the program.