The Young Livestock Exporters Network is pleased to open applications for positions on the next Virtual Stockpersons Training Course. Successful applicants will receive a fully funded position at the October-November course!
The LiveCorp shipboard stockperson training course is part of the certification program for people responsible for the care of livestock exported by sea. The program produces provisionally accredited
stockpersons to service the livestock export industry in accordance with the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL). The virtual training course covers all aspects of shipboard care and
management of livestock with an emphasis on sheep and cattle.
- Adapting to life and work onboard
- Animal handling, restraint and treatment
- Detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of shipboard diseases
- Feed, water and deck management
- How to stay safe
- Crisis management
The course will be now be held over 5 days, approximately 11am – 4.00pm (AEDT), Wednesday 28, Thursday 29, Friday 30 October, Monday 2 & Tuesday 3 November. Each presentation will be recorded in case your internet connectivity becomes unstable. Time has been set aside for extra tutorial sessions over the 5 days. The trainers will present slides and videos of on-board activities, export destinations, and answer questions.
Please provide details of your previous work experience with regards to the following skills that are
essential to care for and manage the health and welfare of livestock during a voyage and maintain a
safe working environment:
- General livestock handling experience including: moving stock through races and yards, pen
movements, drafting, isolating sick and/or injured animals, and record keeping.
- Cattle and sheep husbandry experience, including: inspecting and identifying sick or injured
livestock, caring for livestock and the treatment of injuries and illnesses, feeding, watering and ear
- The ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
Please email applications to YLEN via firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 2/10/2020. Please note if you are unsuccessful in your application, YLEN members will receive the discounted LiveCorp members rate of $1,100 (including GST), please contact us if you are interested in this discount.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be financial 20/21 members of YLEN.
- The selection process is conducted by an independent panel, not the YLEN committee.
- Selected applicants must be available for all 5 days of the course.
- Selected applicants must agree to provide program feedback and provide a report to YLEN on experiences.
- Selected applicants must give permission to feature on YLEN social medias
- Selected applicants must be available to do two voyages in the next 12 months. YLEN will provide assistance to complete this.
- Selected applicants must have appropriate technology, Internet and connections to be able to complete the course
- Selected applicants course fee will be fully covered by YLEN, any other expenses associated with the program will not be covered.
- Applications close at 5pm Friday 2 October 2020.
- Certificates will be provided on completion of the program.